Wednesday 7 October 2015

It's time to 'Fall' in love with coats

Anyone who knows me, knows that my heart goes a flutter with the thought of wearing coats now the cold weather is back in full force. The seasons have well and truly changed and I am obsessing over my favourite Autumn/Winter coats on the high street. I am very picky about coats. I love tailored, classic looks that have amazing stitching, buttons or ties and a colour that will never go out of style. No, no's for me are definitely zips, different coloured stitching, velcro!?, anything that looks cheap and if it is a A/W coat there has to be a lapel. Here are a few of my favourites currently available on the high street...



Long vest with fur collar, Zara £89.99

Now I know, this may not be the most practical of coats for the cold weather as it has no sleeves but I love how chic it is and look at all that faux fur! I think this would be perfect in Autumn with a thick jumper. It adds that streamline elegance that you can only find in a tailored coat. 




Hand-made dressing gown coat, Zara £99.99

Ever since Olivia Pope graced the silver screens in Scandal I have been obsessed with dressing gown coats, I associate them with power and elegance and that is exactly what I want out of a coat. This is very thin for a coat, so a jumper would definitely be required in the colder months but perfect for now!





A tailored black coat is something that I am really missing from my wardrobe, it really is a staple, classic piece that everyone should have at hand. This is also formal enough to be dressed up at evening with a tailored trouser or left open to accompany a great LBD.



Cashmere blend wrap coat, Topshop £225.00

Another great staple piece in every wardrobe is a camel coat, I have one from Zara a couple of years ago that some days in the A/W months only comes off my back to sleep. However, this has rather caught my eye and you can never go wrong if there is a bit of Cashmere involved. 



Kimono cape, River Island £55.00

I love how this coat looks on, it is perfect for Autumn with it's short sleeves that will go great with a turtleneck underneath. It is perfect if you are wanting to go for a statement necklace or bracelet as it showcases it perfectly.

Now that I have critically analysed them I just want them all! However, I am not sure that they will fit in my cupboard!

Styling Happiness xoxo



4 comments:

  1. What a great selection of coats! Need them all in my wardrobe!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adria! Me too, wish my wardrobe was bigger!

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love the fur collar long vest the most, beautiful piece for Fall!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete